Saturday 27 December 2014

A Close Shave!

“… my wife and daughter like it when I'm clean-shaven. If you see me with a clean face, then you know I'm in the kissing mode!”
-Patrick Dempsey
Image taken from here.
My roommate and I were sitting at the bar together, when we saw this amazingly hot girl, sitting all by herself on the bar stool, reading ‘Pride and Prejudice’. My roomate and I both decided to go and buy her a drink. He shouted “Dibs!”, and before I could say anything he made his way towards her, like a cheetah approaching a deer. He chatted with her for about a minute then returned to the table. He got shot down. Apparently, she told him that if she wanted to kiss a cactus she had one at home. She was obviously referring to his stubble. He hadn't shaved for about a week.
Image taken from here.
Fortunately, I had shaved that morning, so I decided it was my time to shine. I walked up to her and chatted her up. “Pride and Prejudice. Since you are already reading about two sins, how about a third?” I said, indicated towards myself. She giggled, and we totally hit it off. I asked her out for coffee, but she said she was busy. So we exchanged phone numbers and decided to meet some other day.
Unfortunately, whenever I called she was always busy. Weeks passed, and I called her less frequently, so as to not come off as desperate. Then one day, my roommate and I walking at Marine Drive in the evening, when suddenly I got her call. “Hey!” she said, “Can you meet for coffee in 20 minutes?” I answered in the affirmative. We decided on the café, which was a 10 minute walk from where I was at that time, and I promised I would be on time. After cutting the call I turned to my friend and told him what happened. He was happy for a couple of seconds then suddenly freaked out as if he remembered something. He reminded me about how he got shot down because of his stubble, and pointed out that I had more than just stubble, but an actual beard! He was right. I couldn’t go to her like this. But what could I do? She was expecting me in 20 minutes, and in that much time I could not go to the hostel, shave and reach the café on time.



Image taken from
Flipkart.com
Image taken from 
Flipkart.com

My roommate and  I looked at each other for a second, then we both had the same realization. We ran to the medical store near by and bought a Gillette Fusion blade and a Gillette Shaving Gel. I ran towards the café and rushed towards the washroom. I began shaving with less than 10 minutes left for my date. Fortunately, because of the Gillette razor and Gillette Shaving Gel, I could shave quickly without any pain or cuts. It was a smooth shave and I still had a few minutes to spare.

I stepped out of the washroom and waited for my date, who was exactly on time. She saw my clean shaven face, smiled, and the rest as they say….is history.

This post is a part of #WillYouShave activity at BlogAdda in association with Gillette.
--------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

badge