Thursday 19 February 2015

An Angel's Sleep

 My baby and I share a special bond. Few months ago she developed the habit of waking up in the middle of the night, and thus, waking up the entire family. My wife and I were worried. We could not understand why she could not get a deep sleep.
In the nights that followed, my wife and I gave my baby 110% of my attention. We played hide and seek with her. How I gave her raspberries on her stomach. For those of you who don’t know, and I am sure there must be many, a ‘raspberry’ making a noise with your mouth by pressed your lips together and blowing. Babies love that when you do that to their tummy. They really cannot control their laughter. That’s a little tip for parents / wannabe parents out there.
But our efforts were in vain. Our baby still woke up in the middle of the night and cried. We had to call in the expert. We called my mother-in-law to examine the baby and assess the situation. She suggested that we change the brand of diapers. Then, the immediate next day, my wife brought home a pack of Pampers baby dry pants – India’s driest dry pants. And they worked like a charm. Our baby was happy and her sleep was never disrupted again due to irritation. Really, a happy baby makes a happy mommy and daddy.

Since then the bed time has been as follows:-
Firstly, giving my baby a nice bath in luke warm water. Fortunately, she likes baths, so there is no hassle there.
Then, playing peek-a-boo with her. She really does love that game, and I must confess, as childish as this may sound, I love it too. It is for this reason that my baby is often likened to the baby in the animated movie ‘Ice Age’, and I am likened to the hard, yet soft on the inside, saber-toothed cat named Diego, from the same movie.
Then, putting on Pampers for her. Yes. One Pampers ensures one dry night. Thus, in effect, also ensuring that my baby is happy and well-rested. I owe a large chunk of my happiness to Pampers. Pampers has put a smile on my babies face, which in turn, has put a smile on my face. Therefore, I also suggest all those of you who have babies to get it immediately. There is a 25% off on Pampers currently. I suggested that you buy in bulk now! Click here. A happy baby is a happy home.

Our next bed-time ritual includes me tucking her into her tiny cradle-like bed while her mother sings her a lullaby. Lastly, we both kiss her good night and take a good long look at her, before we turn off the lights. 
-----------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

badge